Thursday, December 8, 2011

a new bed for a new chapter.

a little while ago timmy and i bought an amazing 1950's truck (but that is for another blog post).

when it was time for this truck to move on to a new home, the ad was listed and we waited for calls. one of the calls was from a furniture maker. we travelled to his showroom not knowing what to expect. when we arrived i spent a good hour drooling over every piece of furniture there. the designers lovely wife happened to be keen for the truck. we came to an arrangement.

that's where this new bed comes in.

i have been dreaming about owning my own four poster since i was a little girl and now it is here. 

this thing was like ikea on steroids. we had a list of four instructions, one sentence each. the instructions could have been summarised as "put the bed together". 

we did. and we were still friends by the end.











all we need now is some colour, some art on the walls and a baby in our arms.

12 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you have your hot little hands on a MARK TUCKEY bed. It's SO beautiful. Sweet dreams indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And enjoy laying on your stomach while you can. Can you still? It was one of the things I missed most of all in the later part of my pregnancy and then post with the enormous, sore boobs. OK, enough stalking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful bed.....I'm admiring your lovely white walls too, and Trooper with his gold plated rear ligaments. Beds like this were made to lie in late on a weekend and snuggle small babies...well done Coulson family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning Kesh (as are you in your dorky home clothes)!

    Yes, yes, yes- colour, art. fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Loving the bed.

    BabyMac- nights are spent tossing and turning these days. I can only partly lie on my tummy (half side, half tummy). Major sore back going on at the moment.

    I'm not afraid of trackies and stretchy pants. They are sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Just HAD to blog about your blog http://capturingmomentss.blogspot.com/2011/12/beginnings.html
    Couldn't help myself. When I find something I like...I tell all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark Tuckey is divine - Your bed is absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete