Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gone Truckin'

Trucks... are cool.

On Friday, we drove one that was full of all that we own to a life in a new place, in a blue house.

This place is called Werri Beach and it might be my favourite place on earth. My Grandparents live in the next town. My husband proposed to me on the next beach. The scenery is completely ridiculous. The town, Gerringong, has a Town Hall that is converted into a movie cinema once a month for a special movie night. There are town fairs, craft markets, bakeries, and everyone knows everyone. One more awesome thing is that our dog, Trooper, can run off the lead on the beach before 9am and after 5pm.

Moving isn't fun, driving in a truck is. It was my first time, a real novelty and six hours later it hadn't even worn off. Pretending to be a dirty trucker was the best and Timmy (husband) even indulged me by beeping the horn and turning the loud breaks on, on demand.

Tim is an amazingly talented photographer, he took these photos of our move....



The truck and the hill.


The man himself.


Decent veggie burger from the Werri Fish Shop..... why get a veggie burger from a fish and chip shop? I ask myself the same question (I think the answer is beetroot. Beetroot is fantastic). Tim's snapper burger was way better.


Oli, nephew and quirkiest kid I know. We were super lucky to have a Tim's brother and family and my sister and family come down and help us with the clean up. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Cleaning is the worst thing in the world, besides removals.


A clean fridge and a christening of fizzy and pizza.


We returned the truck dressed for church. Maybe the first time legs have been moisturised in a removal truck.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you two are happy there. It is certainly a little piece of paradise there on the south coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica bags ebay site here f9n39l1v73 replica bags online pakistan check out this site a7f05b5u58 best replica bags replica bags philippines greenhills official site c1o62i3c44 best replica designer bags replica goyard bags

    ReplyDelete